HOW DO I FILE A CLAIM WITH LINCOLN?
Be ready to provide the policyowner's:
Step 1. Submit an online claim notification.
This notification lets us know you have a claim and expedites your claims process. Click on the appropriate link to notify us:
- Notification of Death for Life Insurance or Annuity Claim
- Notification of either Disability Claim or Waiver of Premium Claim This notification can be used to initiate either an Individual Disability policy claim or a Waiver of Premium claim, but is not intended to be used for employer-paid short- or long-term disability.
- Notification of Long-Term Care Claim
Step 2. You'll hear from us within two business days.
A Claims Specialist will contact you by phone to confirm your information. During that conversation they will gather additional information and, depending on your circumstances, send you a customized claims package along with a cover letter documenting the requirements needed to process your claim.
Step 3. Learn about your payout options (only applicable to death claims)
Please be aware that each payout option is not available for every type of policy. We recommend working with your financial advisor to select the most appropriate option available to meet your short- and long-term financial needs.
Step 4. Complete and return the claimant's paperwork you receive in the mail.
You can find copies of Claim Forms here.
Note: You will greatly expedite service by providing notification of your claim, as outlined in step 1, prior to submitting the claimant's paperwork.
After the above steps are completed, we fulfill our promise to the beneficiary.
Our goal is to pay your claim as quickly as possible after verifying:
- You are the beneficiary of record.
- The policy is in-force.
- All conditions of the policy have been met.
Need help with your claim?
For help with Life or Long-Term Care Claims, call 800 487-1485 and select option 4.
For help with Annuity Claims, call 800 454-6265 and select option 3.