LONG-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
If you miss work due to an injury or illness, long-term disability insurance can help replace a portion of your lost wages. Long-term disability coverage begins after your claim is approved and you satisfy an elimination period.
How does long-term disability insurance work?
Your employer pays you while you're working; Lincoln pays you while you're not working due to a covered disability. You decide how benefits are used — food, utilities, car payments or even a night at the movies — just as you would your regular paycheck. Benefits continue for a specific period of time or until you are no longer disabled.
We help you get back to work.
- Progressive Partial Disability Benefit: If you're only able to do part of your job or return to work part-time, you can still receive a partial benefit.
- Part-time earnings and a partial disability benefit could provide up to 100% of your predisability earnings.
Additional long-term disability benefits
- Survivor Income Benefit: A lump sum is paid to your beneficiaries if you die while on disability.
- Waiver of Premium: You don't have to pay premiums during periods of approved disability under our policy.
- An employee-focused assistance program available to all permanent employees of our long-term disability clients
- Provides access to counselors and assistance for personal, legal, financial and other issues
The advantages of group insurance:
- Cost. This coverage is offered at group rates, which are often less expensive than rates for individual policies.
- Convenience. Payroll deduction is simple and easy.
- Confidence. You can choose the right coverage at work.
EmployeeConnectSM and EmployeeConnect PlusSM services are provided by ComPsych® Corporation, Chicago, IL. ComPsych® is not a Lincoln Financial Group® company. Coverage is subject to actual contract language. Each independent company is solely responsible for its own obligations.
Insurance products (policy series GL3001) are issued by The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company (Fort Wayne, IN), which does not solicit business in New York, nor is it licensed to do so. In New York, insurance products (policy series GL3001) are issued by Lincoln Life & Annuity Company of New York (Syracuse, NY). Both are Lincoln Financial Group® companies. Product availability and/or features may vary by state. Limitations and exclusions apply.
Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation and its affiliates. Affiliates are separately responsible for their own financial and contractual obligations.