- Retirement Plan Services
- Group Insurance
- Executive Benefits
CRITICAL ILLNESS INSURANCE
Build upon the foundation of your employee benefits package with our critical illness insurance. It pays a cash benefit upon diagnosis of a covered illness, regardless of any other income, expenses incurred or other insurance — and there are no restrictions on how the money is used. You can offer this important coverage on an employee-paid basis, so there is little cost to you.
The Lincoln CareCompassSM category is the foundation of our plan. It is a group of benefits and services to help employees stay well and provide them with guidance through their treatment process if diagnosed with a critical illness. This category includes a benefit for an annual wellness assessment as well as a benefit to assist with child care if the employee is hospitalized with a covered critical illness/event. Also included are health advocacy, travel assistance, and support services, some of which are available even without a critical illness/event.
Categories of coverage available:
- Heart — heart attack, stroke, heart transplant, arteriosclerosis, aneurysm
- Cancer — invasive cancer, cancer in situ, benign brain tumor, bone marrow depression
- Organ — major organ transplant (except heart), end-stage renal failure, acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Quality of Life — ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease; advanced Alzheimer's; advanced multiple sclerosis (MS); Parkinson's disease; loss of sight, speech or hearing
- Child — Nine genetic disorders, six congenital metabolic disorders, Type 1 diabetes, 15 structural congenital defects
Coverage is available in each of these categories for employees, spouses and dependent children. Child category available to children only.
Insurance products (policy series GL51, GL51SG, WIND) are issued by The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company (Fort Wayne, IN), which does not solicit business in New York, nor is it licensed to do so. In New York, insurance products (policy series WIND) are issued by Lincoln Life & Annuity Company of New York (Syracuse, NY). Both are Lincoln Financial Group® companies. Product availability and/or features may vary by state. Limitations and exclusions apply.
Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation and its affiliates. Affiliates are separately responsible for their own financial and contractual obligations.