LINCOLN ASSETEDGE® EXEC VUL (2009) NY
Variable universal life insurance with a death benefit and account value growth potential.
Variable universal life insurance (VUL) is designed for individuals or business owners who need life insurance protection plus tax-advantaged account value accumulation with exposure to the potential upside of market investing. VUL also has an account value that can grow tax deferred and that you can borrow against, should the need arise. Not that loans and withdrawals will reduce the policy's account value and death benefit, may affect your guarantees, may cause the policy to lapse, and may have tax consequences.
What does Lincoln AssetEdge® Exec VUL have to offer?
- Lincoln AssetEdge® Exec VUL is a variable universal life insurance policy with a death benefit that protects your business from the financial impact of the death of an owner or key person.
- It can also be used as a powerful recruitment tool when used in a variety of nonqualified plan designs.
- With Lincoln AssetEdge® Exec VUL, you can enjoy possible increases in account value over time that could enhance your business succession plan.
- Most importantly, you can take advantage of maximized early year cash surrender value for your balance sheet.
What can Lincoln AssetEdge® Exec VUL offer your business?
- An asset for your executive benefits strategy.Lincoln AssetEdge® Exec VUL can be used to fund your executive bonus insurance plan, split dollar plan, or other nonqualified deferred compensation plan.
- A compontent of your business continuity strategy. Use to fund a buy-sell agreement, which protects your business in the event of the death, disability or retirement of a partner or co-shareholder.
- Account value growth potential. Helps you accumulate tax-deferred account value over time.
- Enhanced account value. Through the Enhanced Surrender Value Rider, which is automatically included when your policy is issued, a separate enhanced surrender value is calculated in the first five years of the policy. You can choose either a high or low level of enhanced surrender values, which impacts the cost of the rider. The low option waives the surrender charges in the first five years. The high option waives the surrender charges and replaces a portion of the administrative charges that have been taken out of the policy in the first five years.
- Flexible income for future objectives. Using the accumulated account value, you can elect to receive supplemental income as you need it - for retirement or other purposes.
- Tax advantages. Beneficiaries can receive a death benefit free of federal and state income taxes.lemental income as you need it - for retirement or other purposes.
- The freedom to invest in a diverse portfolio. Select from more than 60 investment options or a Fixed Account, including funds managed by nationally recognized investment managers. Align your policy's portfolio with the aggressive, moderate, or conservative approach that matches your goals.
Lincoln AssetEdge® Exec VUL includes:
This optional feature automatically adjusts the values allocated to each account to match the percentages you specified on the policy application to fit your goals and risk tolerance. You may rebalance on a quarterly, semiannual, or annual basis. You may elect this option at any time; however, it's not available for funds in the Fixed Account or with dollar cost averaging.
Dollar Cost Averaging
This optional program lets you systematically allocate specified dollar amounts from the money market fund or the Fixed Account to the variable accounts. By allocating funds on a regular basis, as opposed to a one-time allocation, you may reduce the average cost per unit over time. If this option is elected from the Fixed Account, it must be requested at issue; however, it may be elected at any time from the money market fund. It is not available in conjunction with automatic rebalancing. Dollar cost averaging neither assures you of a profit, nor protects against loss in a declining market. It involves continuous investment in securities, regardless of fluctuating price levels. You need to consider if you'll be in a position to continue purchasing thorugh periods of low price levels.
Lincoln AssetEdge® Exec VUL is issued on LN698 and state variations by The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company, Fort Wayne, IN, distributed by Lincoln Financial Distributors, Inc., and offered through broker/dealers with an effective selling agreement. The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company is not authorized nor does it solicit business in the state of New York. Contractual obligations are backed by the claims-paying ability of The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company.
Policies sold in New York are issued on policy form LN698 by Lincoln Life & Annuity Company of New York, Syracuse, NY, and distributed by Lincoln Financial Distributors, Inc. Contractual obligations are backed by the claims-paying ability of Lincoln Life & Annuity Company of New York.
Policy values will fluctuate and are subject to market risk and to possible loss of principal. Product and features subject to state availability.
Variable products are sold by prospectus. Consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the variable product and its underlying investment options carefully before investing. The prospectus contains this and other information about the variable product and its underlying investment options. Please review the prospectus available online for additional information. Read it carefully before investing.
Any tax statements contained herein were not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding U.S. federal, state or local tax penalties. Please consult your own independent advisor as to any tax, accounting, or legal statements made herein.
Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation and its affiliates. Affiliates are separately responsible for their own financial and contractual obligations.