LINCOLN ASSETEDGE VUL (2009) NEW YORK
Variable universal life insurance with a death benefit and account value growth potential
Variable universal life insurance (VUL) is designed for individuals or business owners who need life insurance protection plus tax-advantaged account value accumulation with exposure to the potential upside of market investing. VUL also has an account value that can grow tax deferred and that you can borrow against, should the need arise. Note that loans and withdrawals will reduce the policy's account value and death benefit, may affect your guarantees, may cause the policy to lapse, and may have tax consequences.
What does Lincoln AssetEdge® VUL (NY) have to offer?
Lincoln AssetEdge® VUL is a variable universal life insurance policy which gives you more than a death benefit. It is also designed specifically to help you accumulate account value over time for future goals, such as supplemental retirement income or a legacy for your beneficiaries.
With Lincoln AssetEdge® VUL, you can tap into the growth potential of the market through a broad range of fixed and variable investment options. And, your account value grows tax deferred.
What does Lincoln AssetEdge® VUL mean for you?
- The financial assurance of death benefit protection.
- Account value growth potential.
- A policy that provides access to a potentially greater accumulation value.
- A tax efficient way to accumulate assets and pass them on.
With Lincoln AssetEdge® VUL you can enjoy benefits you need today while being sure you're protecting your family or business.
- Death benefit protection. Lincoln VUL (variable universal life insurance) lets you be sure your loved ones or business, as designated beneficiaries, can continue as you planned even if you're not there to provide for them.
- Account value growth potential. Your account value grows tax deferred. Plus, you can take withdrawals or borrow against it. Loans and withdrawals reduce the policy's account value and death benefit, and may affect guarantees, cause policy lapse, or have tax consequences.
- Ability to pass on a valuable legacy. Lincoln VUL could provide your beneficiaries with financial resources to pay estate taxes, continue a business, or meet other financial needs.
- The freedom to invest in a diverse portfolio. Lincoln VUL gives you the flexibility, protection, and tax advantages of life insurance with a range of fixed and variable investment options.
- The added benefit of tax advantages. With Lincoln VUL, your beneficiaries can receive a benefit free of federal and state income taxes.
Lincoln AssetEdge® VUL includes:
This optional feature automatically adjusts the values allocated to each account to match the percentages you specified on the policy application to fit your goals and risk tolerance. You may rebalance on a quarterly, semiannual, or annual basis. You may elect this option at any time; however, it's not available for funds in the Fixed Account or with dollar cost averaging.
Dollar Cost Averaging
This optional program lets you systematically allocate specified dollar amounts from the money market fund or the Fixed Account to the variable accounts. By allocating funds on a regular basis, as opposed to a one-time allocation, you may reduce the average cost per unit over time. If this option is elected from the Fixed Account, it must be requested at issue; however, it may be elected at any time from the money market fund. It is not available in conjunction with automatic rebalancing. Dollar cost averaging neither assures you of a profit, nor protects against loss in a declining market. It involves continuous investment in securities, regardless of fluctuating price levels. You need to consider if you'll be in a position to continue purchasing thorugh periods of low price levels.
Client Directed Monthly Deductions
The option is yours to have monthly deductions (such as cost of insurance or administrative charges) taken from a designated fund or funds. You can select up to five investment options (including the money market and Fixed Account) from which the monthly deductions will be taken. You can elect this option at any time.
Lincoln AssetEdge® VUL is issued on LN698 and state variations by The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company, Fort Wayne, IN, distributed by Lincoln Financial Distributors, Inc., and offered through broker/dealers with an effective selling agreement. The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company is not authorized nor does it solicit business in the state of New York. Contractual obligations are backed by the claims-paying ability of The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company.
Policies sold in New York are issued on policy form LN698 by Lincoln Life & Annuity Company of New York, Syracuse, NY, and distributed by Lincoln Financial Distributors, Inc. Contractual obligations are backed by the claims-paying ability of Lincoln Life & Annuity Company of New York.
Policy values will fluctuate and are subject to market risk and to possible loss of principal. Product and features subject to state availability.
Variable products are sold by prospectus. Consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the variable product and its underlying investment options carefully before investing. The prospectus contains this and other information about the variable product and its underlying investment options. Please review the prospectuses available online for additional information. Read it carefully before investing.
Any tax statements contained herein were not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding U.S. federal, state or local tax penalties. Please consult your own independent advisor as to any tax, accounting, or legal statements made herein.
Affiliates are separately responsible for their own financial and contractual obligations.