LINCOLN MONEYGUARD® RESERVE
As a universal life insurance policy with optional long-term care riders, Lincoln MoneyGuard® Reserve helps you leverage assets so you get more for your long-term care dollars.
Long-term care protection with a money back guarantee
Feel confident that you have benefits regardless of whether you should need long-term care because your policy gives you:
Tax-advantaged LTC benefits. If you need long-term care, it provides income tax-free reimbursements1 for qualified long-term care expenses.or
An income tax-free death benefit.2 If you never need care or only use a portion of your benefits, you will have an income tax-free legacy for your beneficiaries.or
- A money back guarantee. You can request your money back with a guarantee available through the Return of Premium Rider on single premium and certain flexible premium universal life policies. There is a one-time cost for the Return of Premium Rider. See Rider for complete terms and conditions. The amount returned will be adjusted for any benefits paid and any loans and withdrawals, and may have tax implications.
More advantages with Lincoln MoneyGuard® Reserve
- Inflation protection options to hedge against rising costs
- Available protection up to age 80
- Premiums that never increase
- Choice of payment options
- Freedom to choose your long-term care setting
Find out what Lincoln MoneyGuard® Reserve can do for you. Contact your financial advisor today, or click here if you need an advisor.
The purpose of this communication is the solicitation of insurance. Contact will be made by an insurance agent or insurance company.
Accelerated death benefits may be taxable and may affect public assistance eligibility.
1Long-term care reimbursements are generally income tax-free under IRC Section 104(a)(3).
2Beneficiaries can receive an income tax-free death benefit under IRC Section 101(a)(1).
Lincoln MoneyGuard® Reserve is a universal life insurance policy with a Convalescent Care Benefits Rider (CCBR) that accelerates the specified amount of death benefit to pay for covered long-term care expenses. An Extension of Benefits Rider (EOBR) is available to continue long-term care benefit payments after the entire specified amount of death benefit has been paid. The cost of riders will be deducted monthly from the policy value. All guarantees and benefits of the insurance policy are backed by the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company. They are not backed by the broker/dealer and/or insurance agency selling the policy, or any affiliates of those entities other than the issuing company affiliates, and none makes any representations or guarantees regarding the claims-paying ability of the issuer. The insurance policy and riders have limitations, exclusions, and/or reductions.
Lincoln MoneyGuard® Reserve is issued by The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company, Fort Wayne, IN, on Policy Form LN850 (8/05) with Convalescent Care Benefits Rider on Rider Form LR851 (8/05), an Extension of Benefits Rider on Rider Form LR852 (8/05), and Return of Premium Rider on Rider Form LR850 (10/07) or LR850F(10/07). The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company does not solicit business in the state of New York, nor is it authorized to do so. Contractual obligations are backed by the claims-paying ability of The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company.
Policies sold in New York are issued by Lincoln Life & Annuity Company of New York, Syracuse, NY, on Policy Form LN850 (8/05) with Convalescent Care Benefits Rider on Rider Form LR851 (8/05), an Extension of Benefits Rider on Rider Form LR852 (8/05), and Return of Premium Rider on Rider Form LR850 (10/07). Contractual obligations are backed by the claims-paying ability of Lincoln Life & Annuity Company of New York.
Long-term care benefit exclusions and limitations
The policy does not pay benefits for the following:
- Treatment for alcoholism or drug addiction (unless the addiction is a result of medication taken in doses prescribed by a physician). Licensed healthcare practitioner in some states, including Florida and Louisiana.
- Treatment arising out of an attempt (while sane) at suicide or an intentionally self-inflicted injury.
- Treatment provided in a Veterans Administration or government facility, unless the Insured or the Insured's estate is charged for the confinement or services, or otherwise required by law.
- Loss to the extent that benefits are payable under Medicare, other government programs (excluding Medicaid), worker's compensation laws, employer's liability laws, occupational disease laws, and motor vehicle no-fault laws.
- Care provided in facilities operated primarily for the treatment of mental or nervous disorders, except for Alzheimer's disease or similar forms of dementia.
- Confinement or care received outside the U.S.
- Services provided by ineligible facilities or providers.
- Services provided by a member of the Insured's immediate family or services that would not incur any charge in the absence of insurance.
Products and features, including benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms and definitions, may vary by state.
This information reflects the product currently available for new sales in the state.