Lincoln’s ability to safeguard your data is the foundation of our relationship.
Lincoln makes a significant, ongoing investment in cybersecurity. This includes investments in both our technology and our people, with a relentless focus on maintaining a cutting-edge security program. Lincoln’s program is continually self-tested, through a variety of mechanisms; these include unannounced penetration testing, war-gaming scenarios, and a constant and perpetual assessment of all Lincoln technology ecosystems.
Our cybersecurity approach comprises a set of comprehensive security policies and standards, a robust security awareness and education program, and the implementation of highly advanced, and layered preventative and detective controls. It is monitored by three 24-hour Security Operations teams.
Lincoln’s commitment to protecting your account does not end with the Cybersecurity team. Senior management, along with Lincoln’s Board of Directors, has deemed Cybersecurity a critical business priority, providing both the funding and support necessary for enforcing our security policies.
Need more detail?
Here are some of the ways we protect your information:
- Proactive 24/7/365 cybersecurity monitoring across three Security Operations teams
- Advanced threat intelligence capabilities and prevention controls
- Progressive layered “defense in depth” preventative infrastructure
- Encryption, including data in motion, data at rest, full-disk, and database level
- Secure email delivery for both customers and employees
- Mandatory multi-factor authentication for all employees and customers
- Up-to-date security policies and standards
- Employee security awareness training
- Customer security awareness resources
- Rigid security assessment process for our 3rd party contractors
- Restrictions for employee devices, including desktops, laptops, and mobile phones
- Innovative anti-phishing and anti-fraud controls