Greensboro, North Carolina grantees
Lincoln Financial Foundation supports organizations that have an enduring impact on their communities. Grants are awarded by Greensboro office employees who determine the needs of their region.
Our 2017 Greensboro human services grantees are caring for their communities through these programs.
- Barnabas Network – Support for Families Transitioning from Homelessness
- Community Housing Solutions – Home Repair Program
- Greensboro Housing Consultants – Individual Development Account Program
- Greensboro Urban Ministry – Beyond GUM Program and the Emergency Food Pantry
- Habitat for Humanity – Raising Roofs and Homeowner Education Program
- Interactive Resource Center – Day Center and Supportive Services for the Homeless
- Mental Health Association of Greensboro – Wellness Academy
- Out of the Garden Project – Mobile Fresh Food Program
- Partners Ending Homelessness – Continuum of Care Partnership
- Senior Resources of Guilford – Ready-to-Eat Meals
- Servant Center – Essential Services and Supportive Housing for Disabled Veterans
- Triad Health Project – Supportive Services for Those Living with HIV/AIDS
- West End Ministries – Leslie’s House
Our 2017 Greensboro arts grantees are building greater lives in the community with these programs.
Arts Greensboro – Arts Education and the National Folk Festival
Carolina Theatre – Carolina Kids Club Summer Camp
Center for Visual Artists – Los Artistas
Community Theatre of Greensboro – OnStage and Inclusive
Eastern Music Festival – Strengthening Community Through Music Program
Elsewhere Collaborative – LGBTQ Collaborative Laboratory
Green Hill Center for North Carolina Art – Field Trips and Early Childhood Literacy Programs
Greensboro Ballet – Leap and Learn at the Boys & Girls Clubs
Greensboro Symphony Orchestra – Keeping Kids in Tune
Music Academy of North Carolina – Children’s Music Programs
North Carolina Dance Project – Affordable Access to Dance
Touring Theatre – The Story of Fannie Lou Hamer
Triad Stage – Project Discovery
Weatherspoon Art Museum – Educational Opportunities for Guilford County Students
Our 2016 Greensboro education grantees are creating pathways to high school graduation and post-graduation success.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Central Piedmont – KinderBuddies
- Black Child Development Institute – Freedom School
- Communities in Schools – African American Male Mentoring Initiative at Smith High School
- Junior Achievement of North Carolina – Mission Possible
- Greensboro Children’s Museum – Museum Access, Support and Technology for Children
- Greensboro Science Center – Prehistoric Passages Realm of Dragons
- Guilford Child Development – Learning Together Family Literacy Program
- Guilford County Partnership for Children – Ready for School, Ready for Life Program
- National Conference for Community and Justice – ANYTOWN, Anytime.
- Reading Connections – Guilford County Family Literacy Program
- Say Yes to Education-Guilford – Post-Secondary Success
- TSA Boys & Girls Clubs of Greensboro – Educational Programming
- University of North Carolina Greensboro – UNCG Guarantee and Stem3 Outreach Programs
- YMCA – Achievers and Bright Beginnings Programs
Our 2016 Greensboro economic and workforce development grantees are providing adult education, workforce development and programs aimed at improving the local economy.
- Action Greensboro – Opportunity Greensboro Fellows Program
- ARC of Greensboro – Supported Employment Program
- Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro – Degrees Matter!
- Downtown Greensboro – Recruit Retail and Residential Investment to Downtown Greensboro
- East Market Street Development Corp – REAL Entrepreneurship Program
- Family Service of the Piedmont – Consumer Credit Counseling Services
- The Forge – Welding Career Programs
- Greensboro Chamber Foundation – Minority Business Accelerator and Entrepreneur Navigator Programs
- Greensboro Downtown Parks – Free Programming at LeBauer Park
- Greensboro Housing Coalition - Financial Literacy Training
- Nussbaum Center for Entrepreneurship – Entrepreneur Assistance Support and Education (EASE) Program
- One Step Further - Bridge Programs for Adults Reentering the Workforce
- Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts – Economic Development and Arts Accessibility
- Triad Workforce Solutions Collaborative – Guilford Apprenticeship Program
- Women’s Resource Center – Family Economic Success Initiative
Learn about Lincoln Financial Foundation community giving.