Omaha, Nebraska grantees
Lincoln Financial Foundation supports organizations that have an enduring impact on their communities. Grants are awarded by Omaha office employees who determine the needs of their region.
Our 2017 Omaha human services grantees are caring for their communities through these programs.
- Child Saving Institute – Teaching Independent Living Skills
- Food Bank for the Heartland – Weekend Nutrition for Children
- Habitat for Humanity of Omaha – Builders Blitz Program
- Legal Aid of Nebraska – Sustainable Living Project
- Siena Francis House – Emergency Shelter and Meal Program
- Women’s Center for Advancement – Self-sufficiency Services.
- Youth Emergency Services (YES) – Transitional Living Program
Our 2017 Omaha arts grantees are building greater lives in the community with these programs.
- African Culture Connection – In-school Residency Programs
- Ballet Nebraska – Community Access and Education Programs
- Blue Barn Theatre – Walk the Night
- El Museo Latino – Three Feminine Views of Mexico
- Joslyn Art Museum – Education and Outreach Efforts
- Nebraska Writers Collective – Louder Than a Bomb: Great Plains Youth Poetry
- Omaha Community Playhouse – Theatre in the Schools Program.
- Omaha Symphony Association – Adventures in Music
- Omaha Theater Company – Every Single Child
- Opera/Omaha – Community Opera Fellowship Program and Opera Outdoors Concert
- Seven Stages – Education Program
- Union For Contemporary Art – Youth Engagement Program and Saturday Art Club in North Omaha
- Why Arts? – Omaha Public Schools Transition Program and J.P. Lord School Residency
Our 2016 Omaha education grantees are creating pathways to high school graduation and post-graduation success.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands – Community-Based Mentoring for Children
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Midlands – Readers to Leaders Program
- College Possible – College Opportunity Awareness and Support f or Low-Income High School Juniors and Seniors
- Completely Kids – Successful Kids Program
- Durham Museum – Scholars in Residence Education Series and DOCUMERICA Exhibition
- Fontenelle Forest – Environmental Expeditionary Learning Initiative
- Girls Incorporated of Omaha – GIRLStart Program
- Heartland Family Service – Ready in 5 Program
- Inclusive Communities – IncluCity Anti-bullying Program
- Junior Achievement of the Midlands – Whole School Impact
- Kids Can Community Center – STEPS (Strengthening Toddlers and Early Childhood Programs)
- Nebraska Children’s Home Society Foundation – Early Childhood Education Scholarship Program
- NorthStar Foundation – NorthStar Reading Program
- Omaha Children’s Museum – Museum Partner School Program
- Omaha Home for Boys – Residential Care Educational Support Services
- Partnership 4 Kids – P4K High School Group Mentoring Program
- TeamMates Mentoring Program – Metro Omaha
- YMCA of Greater Omaha – Butler-Gast and South Omaha Teen Safety Net
Our 2016 Omaha economic and workforce development grantees are providing adult education, workforce development and programs aimed at improving the local economy.
- Chicano Awareness Center – Adult Basic Education (ABE) Program
- Family Housing Advisory Services – Economic Education Program for Adults
- Greater Omaha Chamber Foundation – Startup Collaborative
- Literacy Center for the Midlands – Adult Literacy Services
- Metropolitan Community College Foundation – Heartland Student Entrepreneurship Conference
- Omaha Small Business Network – Small Business Support and Business Development Training
Learn about Lincoln Financial Foundation community giving.