The financial burden from cancer or a heart attack doesn’t have to be devastating. Lincoln Critical Illness Insurance protects employees’ budgets against these expenses, from deductibles and co-pays to personal expenses such as transportation and childcare.
Critical illness insurance delivers cash benefits when an insured is diagnosed with a critical illness, even if the insured has other insurance. And employers can choose to offer this benefit as an employer-paid core coverage or an employee-paid option — whichever fits their business’ and employees’ needs best.
- Pays a lump sum cash benefit on diagnosis, not treatment
- Covers common critical illnesses such as heart attack, stroke, cancer, and major organ failure
- May pay benefits for multiple and recurring illnesses1
- Includes access to Health Advocates services providing employees with a team of healthcare, benefits and behavioral health experts, who can provide one-on-one support with a wide range of important and confusing issues, saving employees time, money and worry.
- Includes access to a personal health advocate, who helps employees navigate the health care system2
- Focuses on family needs and early detection of critical illnesses
- Offers spouse and child coverage
Coverage that lasts and is easy to administer
- Coverage is portable for employees leaving the company.
- Technology platform is built to provide end-to-end administration, flexible billing options and self-service capabilities.3
Flexible rider options
- Employers can select which riders to add to their employees’ base plans.
- Five riders make it easy to customize coverage —a Health Assessment Benefit,4 Supplemental Conditions,5 Accidental Injury,6 Occupational Disease7 and Recovery Assistance.8
1 Recurring illness benefit not available in NY.
2 Not available in NY and WA.
3 New technology platform will be available in 2019.
4 Not available in MN, MO, NY.
5 Availability varies by state.
6 Not available in CO, MO, NH, NJ, NY, VT, WA.
7 Not available in GA, NY, VT.
8 Not available in CO, NY, NJ.