New York Paid Family Leave
How Lincoln plans to administer
- It is Lincoln Financial Group’s intent to offer this benefit. We continue working to finalize our claim administration process and additional information will be made available prior to January 1, 2018.
- Employees who currently have Lincoln benefits will receive communication from Lincoln in the near future about amending their New York statutory disability policy to include a rider for Paid Family Leave.
- There is no additional fee charged for the administration of the NY Paid Family Leave. The rate for this benefit is set by the state and will be the same from carrier to carrier; no additional fees can be added to this rate.
- Lincoln will begin billing for the PFL benefit as of January 1, 2018.
- The New York Disability Benefits Law and Paid Family Leave will be billed together and follow the same billing mode in place for each customer.
- The state provided the weekly contribution for the PFL program; it is 0.126% of the employee weekly wage. The weekly wage is capped at the state average weekly wage of $1,305.92.
- For an employee who makes or exceeds the state average weekly wage, the maximum premium deduction is $1.65 per week.
- This is collected from the employee through payroll deductions and is the same process followed on any employee-paid benefit.
- The bill from Lincoln will be self-administered and require the number of lives covered, total payroll and total premium collected.