Learn about the Lincoln i-Claim process
In order to start the Lincoln i-Claim process, you will need the following information:
- The Insured's name and date of birth
- The policyowner's name and address
- The policy number(s)
- Type of benefit claim (for example home care or nursing home admission)
- Date of onset
- A brief description of the reason for claim (for example: injury, or illness)
- If the policy owner is unable to initiate the claim, a durable power of attorney (POA) will be required.
Within five business days after submitting the claim online, you will be assigned a care specialist and your claim packet will be sent to you for completion. The following forms will need to be completed:
- Long-term Care Claim for Benefit
- Practitioner Plan of Care
- Care Provider Statement
- Authorization for Release of Health Related Information (aka HIPAA Privacy Notice)
If additional information is needed, we will notify you. If necessary, we will contact the physician or care provider directly to facilitate the claims process.
Once you have submitted your claim and any additional requirements through Lincoln i-Claim, a care specialist will review and be in contact with you in five business days.