American Legacy® Suite
Prepare for retirement and help meet investors income needs with an American Legacy® variable annuity, an investment vehicle designed for long-term savings.
This type of variable annuity offers several features and options to help investors build the retirement plan that works best for them.
American Legacy® variable annuities offer the following benefits.
Options for growth potential
Variable annuities have the potential to help investors meet their financial goals with options to customize retirement income and investment strategies. American Legacy® variable annuities offer the full lineup of funds in American Funds Insurance Series.
Guaranteed income for life
Investors choose how and when they want to receive income for life. Review our optional income distribution features for American Legacy® variable annuities. (These optional features may not be available on all products.)
Assets that accumulate tax-deferred can offer greater growth potential over the long term. All withdrawals are subject to ordinary income taxes and, if taken before age 591/2, may be subject to an additional 10% federal tax.
Control and flexibility
Align your contract with the investment options, withdrawals/income, optional benefits and level of risk.
Protection for your loved ones
Investors can select the level of protection for their beneficiaries. Multiple death benefit options are available.
Contact a financial professional to determine if an American Legacy® variable annuity is right for you.
Variable annuities are long-term contracts designed for retirement purposes. Costs for a variable annuity contract include the mortality and expense risk charge, annual contract and administrative fees and charges for the underlying funding options. A surrender charge may also apply. Election of optional features may be at an additional cost. These additional charges and expenses should be considered carefully before purchasing. The value of the annuity will fluctuate and when withdrawn, it may be worth more or less than the original premiums paid.
- American Legacy® Shareholder's Advantage
- American Legacy® Advisory
- American Legacy® Shareholder's Advantage - Fee Based
- American Legacy® Design 1
- American Legacy® Design 2
- American Legacy® Fusion
- American Legacy® Signature 1
- American Legacy® Signature 2
- American Legacy® Series L-Share
- American Legacy® Series B-Share
- American Legacy® Series C-Share
Our line of products exclusively available to residents of New York.
- American Legacy Advisory® (NY)
- American Legacy® Shareholder’s Advantage (NY)
- American Legacy® Shareholder’s Advantage – Fee Based (NY)
- American Legacy® Design 1 (NY)
- American Legacy® Design 2 (NY)
- American Legacy® Fusion (NY)
- American Legacy® Signature 1 (NY)
- American Legacy® Signature 2 (NY)
- American Legacy® Series L-Share (NY)
- American Legacy® Series B-Share (NY)
- American Legacy® Series C-Share (NY)
- Variable and Fixed Annuity New York Product Comparison Chart (PDF)