Add more protection
Make your life insurance policy work for you. Discuss your needs with your advisor to determine if any of these optional riders may be a good fit for you. Find out which choices are available on your life insurance policy.
Additional benefits are offered through riders, are subject to availability, and may have additional costs. Not all riders are available on all products. Limitations and exclusions apply. For more details, please contact your financial professional.
Talk with your financial professional to learn which protection options best meet your needs.
- Accelerated Benefits Rider1 — pays a portion of the death benefit if you become terminally ill, require permanent nursing home care, or need help during a critical illness or condition. Benefits are subject to state approval.
- Accelerated Benefits Rider (with Critical Illness)1 — pays a portion of the death benefit if you become critically or terminally ill or are confined to a nursing home. Benefits are subject to state approval.
- Lincoln Care Coverage® Accelerated Benefits Rider2, 3 — pays out all or a portion of the death benefit by providing income tax-free reimbursement of qualified long-term care expenses incurred for covered services should you develop a temporary or permanent chronic illness, subject to meeting eligibility requirements.
- Lincoln LifeAssure® Accelerated Benefits Rider2 — pays out all or a portion of the death benefit to give you a source of tax-advantaged funds to use for any purpose if you develop a permanent chronic illness. Benefit payments will be reduced when the rider is exercised. There is a per claim administrative fee charged.
- Lincoln LifeEnhance® Accelerated Benefits Rider2, 3 — pays out all or a portion of the death benefit to give you a source of tax-advantaged funds to use for any purpose if you develop a permanent chronic or terminal illness. You’ll also have protection from policy lapse once benefit payments begin.
- Disability Waiver of Specified Premium Benefit Rider3 — covers you for a specified monthly premium if the covered insured becomes totally disabled.
- Disability Waiver of Monthly Deduction Benefit Rider3 — waives the monthly deductions if you become totally disabled subject to certain requirements.
- Waiver of Monthly Deduction Rider3 — waives the monthly deduction and other charges if you become totally disabled. Subject to certain requirements.
- Waiver of Premium Rider — waives premium payments during a period of total disability. Available on term products only.
- Supplemental Term Insurance Rider on Primary Insured — gives you the flexibility to add additional, convertible level term insurance on the person insured under the base policy. Guaranteed Issue not available with this rider.
- Supplemental Term Insurance Rider on Other Insured3 — gives you the flexibility to add additional, convertible level term insurance for a loved one or business partner. Guaranteed Issue not available with this rider.
- Children’s Term Insurance Rider3 — gives you the ability to insure your child under your policy.
- Change of Insured Rider — allows the owner to transfer the basic policy on the life of the original insured for a policy on the life of someone else, pending underwriting. It is available for use in defined benefit plans in businesses with high turnover among non-vested employees and other business applications.
- Enhanced Surrender Value Rider3 — provides a separate enhanced surrender value for the first five policy years and helps offset potential liabilities that could negatively affect your balance sheet.
- Exec Enhanced Surrender Value Rider — provides a separate enhanced surrender value, which waives all surrender charges and optionally replaces a portion of the administrative charges.
- Lincoln Enhanced Value Rider3 — provides choice of return of premium benefit options for 10 years, grading down beginning in year 7. Subject to policy funding requirement.
- Surrender Value Enhancement Endorsement — waives surrender charges.
- Return of Premium Rider — gives you the option to have up to 100% premiums returned during certain policy year(s). Additional charge may apply.
- Estate Protection Rider1 — provides an additional term insurance benefit on your survivorship policy during the first four years of your policy.
- Extended No-Lapse Minimum Premium Rider — extends the no-lapse premium included with the policy as long as the minimum premium requirement is met.
- Overloan Protection Rider1 — provides the security of knowing that highly funded, heavily loaned policies will be protected from lapsing in certain situations and ensures the net death benefit will be no less than $10,000.
The Lincoln National Life Insurance company and, in NY only, Lincoln Life & Annuity Company of New York.