The financial burden from cancer or a heart attack doesn’t have to be devastating. Lincoln Critical Illness Insurance protects employees’ budgets against these expenses, from deductibles and co-pays to personal expenses such as transportation and childcare.
Critical illness insurance delivers cash benefits when an insured is diagnosed with a critical illness, even if the insured has other insurance. And employers can expand their benefits package without busting their budget.
- Lump sum cash benefit payments on diagnosis, not treatment
- Benefits may be provided for multiple and recurring illnesses
- Offered on an employee-paid basis
- Guaranteed renewable; as long as premiums are paid in full, coverage is guaranteed
- Fully portable coverage employees can keep even if they leave their organization
- Flexible benefit amounts, riders, waiting periods, pre-existing conditions and Guarantee Issue amounts
- A choice of five categories of coverage, including heart, organ, cancer, quality of life and child
- Employee, spouse, children and family coverage available
We offer a full package of services to help employees stay well and provide them guidance through their treatment process if diagnosed with a critical illness.
- A child care expense benefit, available when an insured is hospitalized due to a covered critical illness
- An annual cash benefit to be used toward one of 24 covered health assessment tests, such as chest x-rays or mammograms
- Personal health advocates, which provide healthcare guidance at any time, not just during a critical illness; employees get help with appointments, second opinions, rehabilitation services and insurance coordination
- Many travel assistance services for out-of-town care (100 or more miles from home); available at any time, not just during a critical illness
- Support services, which include referrals to community resources and support groups, as well as phone counseling for a variety of issues