When disability keeps an employee out of work for an extended period of time, long-term disability insurance helps protect their finances and provide support as they return to the workplace. Employers can choose from a variety of plans and customize coverage with cost-containment features and other options.
- Employees can earn up to 99% of pre-disability income through partial-disability employment.
- Total or partial disability can satisfy the elimination period.
- When appropriate, vocational rehabilitation professionals create personalized programs to help claimants return to work.
- The Recovery Benefit provides a six-month supplemental benefit for commissioned employees, while they rebuild their commission income to pre-disability income.*
- Our standard reporting package provides key claims information, accessible 24/7 through the web, email or mail.
- Employers and employees enjoy easy access to enrollments, claims and certificates, bill and claims management by phone, IVR, web, fax, email or mail.
- A choice of plan designs with generous maximums, including the full-featured Premier plan, the flexible Advantage Plan and the cost-conscious Value plan
- Employer- or employee-paid coverage
Optional reimbursement benefits allow employees to:
- Pay towards COBRA health insurance
- Add to their retirement savings even when a disability prevents them from earning an income
- Protect the value of their income replacement from rising prices
- Receive long-term disability coverage for a spouse
- A Conversion Privilege allows employees to purchase individual long-term disability coverage when they leave their job for reasons other than disability or retirement
- EmployeeConnectSM services provide access to counselors and other assistance for personal, legal, financial and other issues.
- EmployeeConnect PlusSM is an optional Employee Assistance Program, offering all the benefits of EmployeeConnect, plus many additional features.
*Not available in California.