Our short-term disability product includes features to help employees return to work. With a variety of standard and optional benefits, our plans are available with benefit durations of 13 to 26 weeks or longer.
- Employees can earn up to 99% of pre-disability income through partial-disability employment combined with the short-term disability benefit payments for the duration of the claim.
- Multiple return-to-work incentives include allowing days of total or partial disability to be used to satisfy the elimination period.
- Vocational rehabilitation programs include personalized plans, benefits to help employers make changes to the workplace so the employee can return to work, and payment for approved services, such as vocational evaluation, training and job placement.
- Our standard reporting package provides key claims information 24/7 online, or by email or mail.
- A choice of plan designs with generous maximums
- Employer- or employee-paid coverage options, including buy-up plans
- The Family Income Benefit provides an additional cash payment to the insured’s eligible survivors, if the insured dies while receiving total disability benefits
A simple claims process
Many employees use more than one type of disability coverage, and a short-term disability leave may become a long-term disability and may also require a life Waiver of Premium. We proactively identify potential transitions from one coverage to another, and make the process smooth and easy to negotiate.
- 24-hour claim turnaround time for many common diagnoses, including delivery
- Seamless transition from short-term to long-term disability claim, if needed, with no paperwork
During the claims process, employers and employees have online access to enrollments, claims and certificates, bill payment and claims management.