These clients may not know that they can get the protected income they need today and still be able to leave a legacy for their loved ones.
Jim and Debbie are clients with a strong portfolio who are looking for a way to pass on their money to their family.
Their financial professional talks with them about their retirement income needs and legacy plans. She wants them to know their options and to feel good about taking the income they need while planning to pass on their wealth tax-efficiently so it’s preserved for their children.
Three questions to start the conversation:
- How would you change your income plan if you knew a certain amount would be left to your loved ones?
- Would you be interested in a way to simplify the wealth transfer process for your family?
- What worries you about the way your financial legacy could impact your heirs?
Do you have clients like Jim and Debbie?
- To give clients the reliability of lifetime income with the opportunity to leave a legacy, consider a variable annuity with optional benefits.
- To give clients dependable growth potential with the opportunity to leave a legacy without market exposure, consider a fixed or fixed indexed annuity.