Lincoln Financial Advisors (LFA) offers a variety of services to help meet your financial needs, from brokerage accounts to Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs).
Please click here to learn about each service in detail. Your LFA financial planner will help you determine which services are appropriate for you. Below is an overarching view of the services our firm provides. Your LFA planner can help you select brokerage product(s) appropriate for your individual needs.
Money management solutions
Your LFA planner can arrange the purchase of a wide range of securities in a brokerage account on a non-discretionary basis. These securities include mutual funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs), common and preferred stocks, corporate and municipal bonds, U.S. government bonds, zero coupon bonds, certificates of deposit and options. Moreover, your planner can help you manage your money over your lifetime and for generations to come.
Two clearing firms
Our firm offers brokerage account services through two clearing firms: National Financial Services, LLC®,(NFS) and Pershing, LLC®. Both are well-known across the financial services industry. Our firm and other broker-dealers use clearing firms to act as custodians for and hold clients' brokerage account assets, execute trades, provide customer confirmations and statements, and handle many tax-related reporting activities. Investment account statements from LFA clearly indicate which clearing firm serves your account.
A Fidelity® Investments company, NFS provides brokerage account services for Brokerage Portfolio® Accounts, Brokerage Access® Accounts and Basic Brokerage Accounts. NFS also provides custodial services for IRAs, profit sharing plans, and money purchase plans. Online account access for brokerage accounts served by NFS is available through myStreetscape® .
- Brokerage Portfolio® Account: Enables you to consolidate your finances and manage your assets from a single source. Thousands of publicly traded securities are available – including stocks, bonds, mutual funds and U.S. Treasuries. Reporting collects data from your Brokerage Portfolio Account as well as mutual fund companies, variable annuity, variable life insurance and advisory services products. Margin features allow you to leverage your purchasing power.1
- Brokerage Access® Account: Integrates banking features (including checkwriting and an optional debit card) into a brokerage account. This account could save time and money by eliminating the need to maintain multiple accounts. Thousands of publicly traded securities are available –including stocks, bonds, mutual funds and U.S. Treasuries. Margin features are also available on the Brokerage Access account.1
- Basic Account: This account offers the traditional benefits of a brokerage account but excludes additional services you may not require. It is designed for investors who wish to buy and sell a diversity of investment products and is available as a cash or margin account.1
- IRAs: These accounts, offered by LFA through NFS, are designed to help you toward financial independence at retirement and preserve assets for future generations. Whether potential earnings are set up to grow tax-deferred or tax-free, your retirement savings enjoy the full benefit of tax-deferred growth potential.
1Margin trading entails considerable risk and is not suitable for all investors. If the market value of securities in a margin account declines, the investor may be required to deposit more money or securities to maintain the line of credit. Investment losses do not minimize the obligation of a margin account investor to repay a loan in full.
Pershing, an affiliate of The Bank of New York, provides clearing firm services for Standard Brokerage Accounts, Resource Checking Brokerage Accounts, the Corestone Account™ family of asset management programs, Pershing Retirement Accounts and IRAs. Online account access for brokerage accounts served by Pershing is available through NetXInvestor™.
- Standard Account: This account may hold various securities, including stocks, bonds and mutual funds. Idle cash balances may be swept into both taxable and tax-free money market funds. A $500 minimum cash balance is required for a money market sweep in a non-retirement account. Services include margin account trading.2
- Resource Checking Brokerage Account: This offering is similar to the Standard Account, with additional features including check writing. Margin accounts offer overdraft protection.2
- Corestone Account: This family of accounts allows efficient consolidation of your financial activity in one convenient account, including the ability to pay bills directly from the account for a low monthly fee. Four Corestone Account tiers are available: Silver, Silver Plus, Gold and Platinum. They offer escalating levels of services that include no-fee ATM withdrawals, check-writing privileges, debit cards, rewards programs and concierge attention.
- Pershing Retirement Account: These accounts are self-directed retirement plans for both businesses and individuals. These include: traditional, Roth, SIMPLE, Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) and Salary Reduction Simplified Employee Pension (SAR-SEP) IRAs; Profit Sharing, Money Purchase, 401(k) and Simple 401(k) plans; Education Savings Accounts; and 403(b)(7) custodial accounts.
- IRAs: These accounts, offered by LFA through Pershing, are designed to help you toward financial independence at retirement and preserve assets for future generations. Whether potential earnings grow tax-deferred or tax-free, your retirement savings enjoy the full benefit of tax-deferred growth potential.
Equity Dividend Reinvestment Program
The Equity Dividend Reinvestment Program is a Pershing service that automatically uses cash dividends and capital gains from securities in your account to purchase additional whole shares of the same securities without additional commissions. This service is available for most listed and over-the-counter (OTC) securities in an account held by Pershing on your behalf, i.e., held in a "street name."
Ask your LFA planner which level of brokerage or IRA services may help suit your needs.
2Margin trading entails considerable risk and is not suitable for all investors. If the market value of securities in a margin account declines, the investor may be required to deposit more money or securities to maintain his or her line of credit. Investment losses do not minimize the obligation of a margin account investor to repay a loan in full.